Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Watchrap 2.0 - MIA or RIP

And so I forlornly click on my link for Watchrap 2.0 and it repeats the same depressing message. "Watchrap is closed until further notice." And then, I always click on my saved login details, just in case, in hope....... "No access privilege groups are currently available." I guess only 'The 38' or so of us out there have even noticed or are concerned. I'm sure most have contacted TM, as I have, only to hear the grave news that the code of silence was broken - that what happens in Watchrap stays in Watchrap. Thus Watchrap 2.0 has been suspended until it can determined how to operate it successfully; maybe never to reopen. So we wait.

Watchrap was the last place on earth where one could discuss the finer points of everything from aesthetics to the nuances of drawing and locking angles of escapements without the incessant noisy drivel that plagues nigh on every other watch site. Oft accused of elitism, it was in fact a most inclusive watch discussion board if you gave it a chance.

It is a cliche but appropriate to state that you don't realise you're living in a golden age until it has passed and we became complacent and took Watchrap for granted. It could only get better couldn't it? And then suddenly -disaster- the last oasis of horology was taken from us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain Tim, it was a big loss